One Voice for Volusia members come together with the common goal of improving the quality of life in Volusia County and surrounding areas using the power of research, consensus building and collaboration in order to drive systemic social change. Our membership represents an organization of nonprofit leaders working in concert with businesses, government, and philanthropies to mobilize on the issues and initiatives that matter most to this community, based on current data and best practice approaches.
Come join the 105 (and counting) agencies, organizations, businesses and individuals who are dedicated to connecting our community to the highest quality health and human services available. 2017-18 Early-bird Membership Sale available now through July 14.
Our Annual Subscribers:
- Attend, network at, and contribute to monthly coalition meetings with 90+ community leaders in attendance learning about timely initiatives and professional development strategies with a topical structure.
- Participate in local initiatives by developing and implementing community improvement strategies through priority setting and consensus building.
- Promote their organization’s news, job postings, events and highlights out on our Community Connector with almost 2900 subscribers interested in the Health and Human Services community.
- Feature their link on the One Voice for Volusia Website (3000+ hits a month) and receive a listing in the published membership directory
- Receive discounts on highly vetted professional services, training and sponsorship opportunities.
- Rapidly engage and mobilize one another on important topics, initiatives and grant opportunities
- Advocate for the efficient and effective use of community resources through a community model
- Use current data from the Community Agenda to access funding and promote social change for our local population.
- Highlight their programs as trainers, featured partners and annual Health and Human Services vendors
- Build partnerships that strengthen their position in the community, enhance their services and improve client outcomes
Interested in becoming a member CLICK HERE?
A Membership Highlight is the Annual Health and Human Services Summit – Save the date for October 27, 2017
Held in October each year. Wow! What an amazing event that connects our community. In 2016 we strengthened our workforce with 385 Training Certificates issued from 18 courses, 80+ booths distributed vital community information and resources, we hosted the White Cane Awareness Walk and free Health Screenings.
In 2015, 215 area professionals received vital training to bring back to their clients and strengthen our community, earning over 250 certificates of attendance and CEUs through Daytona State College. In 2015 we added clothing distribution, free flu shots, free diabetes and vision screenings through the Lion’s Clubs, the opportunity to donate blood and get your licence.
In 2014 with over 31% of our youth under 18 living in poverty in our county, we included a Poverty Simulation. This experiential exercise empowered 60 community leaders to make mindful decisions and inspire advocacy, insightful programming and community partnerships thus creating a powerful culture for future change and renewed!
Through partnerships with CAREERSOURCE, DSC* and LSF, trainings were offered without charge by area experts that included; Suicide Prevention*, Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence Training*, Strengthening Families Framework, Cultural Competency*, The Importance and Dynamics of the Parent-Child Relationship*, Sexual Abuse Treatment Program, Going Beyond Social with Nonprofit Social Media and Maximizing Nonprofit Performance with an Implementable Strategic Plan. Each speaker filled a specific need that was requested as a resource by our community to promote maximum effectiveness and many of the speakers offered future trainings and resources as part of these experience.
Email us at email@example.com for more information.