What is the Community Connector?
The Community Connector is an e-communication system designed to share important community information related to the social services field. This valuable resource has been designed to benefit professionals associated with the non-profit sector with hopes that they would also share the information with staff, colleagues and/or the families they serve. Over 2800 community members are presently receiving the Community Connector.
While anyone can receive the Community Connector as a free service, sending notices is a benefit of being a One Voice for Volusia coalition subscriber. This means that requested messages will only be forwarded by agencies who have completed a subscription form and paid their subscription fees. To learn more about becoming a subscriber, click here.
Requested submissions should be submitted with ample time for staff to edit as necessary, approve and process the scheduling of the announcement to subscribers. This typically requires 5-7 business days, assuming all submissions are completely submitted correctly (i.e. subject/title provided, attachments in appropriate format, etc.) One Voice for Volusia subscribers should submit information 1 to 2 weeks prior to event or posting needs. One Voice for Volusia reserves the right to deny requested submissions through this resource. Make sure you always include the who, where, what, why and how to get there or in touch with you in all messages.
What kind of information is sent via the Community Connector?
Information specific to the social services field about. . .
- Special events
- New programs
- Agency updates (i.e. new address)
- Critical community issues related to social services
- Requests for help or input
- Funding opportunities
- New resources
- Job opening
To join as a Community Connector recipient, please click here
To Create a Community Connector:
- Subject Line: Announcements require a 3 to 8 word subject
- Body: Please include in 100 words or less: Who, What, Where and When and only send in WORD or email body format.
- No attachments, tables, flyers or images can be sent via the Community Connector but you can include links to your website or social media.
- All message requests must include the name of the person/agency requesting that the message be sent out and contact information (phone and/or email). Both will be included in the Community Connector message sent out through the system.
- If experiencing technical difficulties you may email email@example.com
To view previously forwarded Connector messages (archive), please click here.
All job postings announced through the Community Connector can be found in the archives referenced above.