Children are the future of our community, and caregivers are an important part of their lives. Review these resources to build your child accident prevention and safety awareness knowledge. Learn the information and resources that can help you protect your children and teens.
Call 911 for any emergency situation.
- Florida Poison Control: call 1-800-222-1222 for poisoning questions or emergencies; add this number to your phone’s contact list
- Florida Poison Control Prevention Resources
- Florida Family Health Line: 1-800-451-BABY (2229); pregnancy, infant and toddler counseling information and community referrals (available in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole)
National & State Resources:
- ACCESS Florida
- Florida Early Learning (child care resources)
- Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (information for parents)
- Florida Department of Transportation Child Passenger Safety
- Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Child Safety Information [En español]
- Florida Occupant Protection Resource Center (car seat information)
- Child Fatality Prevention, Florida Department of Children and Families
- The Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida (multiple topics and resources)
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (resources to use with children on internet and safety topics)
- Parent Controls to Keep Children Safe Online, National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute, Consumer Protection
- Parenting with PACEs (resources for parents and children)
- Early Learning Coalition of Flagler & Volusia
- Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties
- Safe Kids Volusia/Flagler Counties
- Safe Kids Programs from Halifax Health
- Interactive Community Resource Guide, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (find local programs)
One Voice for Volusia does not endorse the organizations and instead shares the information and content as educational tools for our community members.