Our Mission: Through collaboration One Voice for Volusia mobilizes all sectors of the community by strengthening our organized capacity to meet human needs.
Our Vision: Our Community will provide opportunities for youth and families to be self-sufficient and productive contributors to society.
Our Methodology: One Voice for Volusia is using a research, planning, and community mobilization framework designed by Drs. Hawkins and Catalano. This model, based on their risk and protective factor research, involves a process that includes:
- Convening for the purpose of educating and providing networking opportunities among health and human services
- Facilitating impartial and progressive methodologies to positively affect systemic change
- Monitoring community trends affecting quality of life issues
- Encouraging open dialogue about key community issues
- Advocating for the efficient and effective use of community resources
- Fostering diverse partnerships among all sectors of the community
- Mobilizing the community to support measurable outcomes and an effective evaluation of all health and human services programming
- Engaging leaders and citizens by developing and implementing community improvement strategies through priority-setting and consensus building
- Collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and sharing indicator data with the community
- Supporting other coalitions locally and throughout the state to further the field of work.