Pregnancy and parenthood are both exciting and challenging, and moms and moms-to-be can experience a wide-range of emotions. We have provided resources geared towards prevention for moms and moms-to-be. For pregnant mom-to-be, find resources for substance use and prevention, wellbeing, and more. Plus there are resources that can help new moms as they parent their children.
Please consult medical professionals with your questions, especially during pregnancy or for a child.
Substance Use Prevention & Support Resources:
- Alcohol and Your Pregnancy, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism [En español]
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASDs), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- More Hope: Helping Our Parents Excel, The Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative Mothers Opioid Recovery Efforts project (specific for women with opioid use disorder)
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, Florida Department of Health
- Pregnancy and Substance Use: A Harm Reduction Toolkit, National Harm Reduction Coalition
- Recovering Mothers Anonymous
- Substance use During Pregnancy, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Maternal Mental Health Hotline, call or text 1-833-9-HELP4MOMS (1-833-943-5746), 24 hour-a-day, seven-days-a-week support in English and Spanish.
- Childbirth and Beyond, Office on Women’s Health, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Resources for NICU Babies and Parent Support, Hand to Hold
- Prenatal Care, March of Dimes
- Prenatal Care, Office on Women’s Health, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Resources, Born Drug-Free Florida
- Florida BH Impact Line: 1-833-951-0296
- Florida Family Health Line: 1-800-451-BABY (2229); pregnancy, infant and toddler counseling information and community referrals (available in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole)
- Mothers’ Mental Health Toolkit, Florida State University College of Medicine
- Prenatal Care, Florida Department of Health
- Tools and Help for Mom, Florida BH Impact, Improving Maternal and Pediatric Access, Care and Treatment for Behavioral Health
- Connect information, Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, Inc.
- Family Planning, Florida Department of Health in Volusia County
- Mother & Baby Care, Halifax Health
- Mother & Baby Care, AdventHealth
- Services for Families, Early Learning Coalition of Flagler & Volusia
- The Chiles Academy (service pregnant or parenting teens in Volusia County)
One Voice for Volusia does not endorse these organizations and instead shares the information and content as educational tools for our community members.