There is hope for those who may use a substance or with a substance use disorder (SUD). We have provided a list of help-based and action-oriented resources and treatment and recovery information to assist our loved ones, community, and ourselves.
Please note that these resources are for educational purposes and not intended to replace medical care and guidance. We do not endorse specific programs or pathways; instead, we hope you find the resource that fits your needs.
In an emergency, call 911 to seek immediate help.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides resources for help, treatment, and action.
- SAMHSA National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (7357); TTY 1-800-487-7889; text your zip code to 435748 (HELP4U)
- SAMHSA Find Treatment
- Substance Use Find Treatment Locator (search by zip code or city)
Call 911 for any emergency situation.
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline
- Veteran’s Crisis Line: dial 988 and then press 1, text 838255
- Quite Smoking: call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Florida Poison Control: call 1-800-222-1222 for poisoning questions or emergencies
- Al-Anon and Alateen, support for someone impacted by another’s drinking (search for support meetings)
- Alcoholics Anonymous, support for a drinking problem (search for support meetings)
- Buprenorphine Practitioner Locator
- Drug disposal options, searchable by zip code, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- NIAAA Alcohol Treatment Navigator
- Opioid Treatment Program Directory, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Patient Resources and Find a Physician, American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- Shatterproof (family resources to address a substance use disorder)
- Treatment Options, FindTreatment.gov
- Treatment & Recovery, Partnership to End Addiction, drugfree.org
- Florida Department of Children and Families Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Hope for Healing Florida (search for local mental health and substance abuse providers and organizations)
- I Save FL (find naloxone, treatment, and resources)
- Recovery Services, Florida Harm Reduction Collective
- Resource Hub, Floridians for Recovery
- Sign up for a smoking cessation program, Tobacco Free Florida
- Veterans Substance Use Disorder Programs in Florida, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Call 911 in any emergency situation. An alterative number if you are suicidal, depressed, alone, bullied, or in crisis is 1-800-539-4228 for SMA Healthcare’s Crisis Response Team Helpline, Volusia and Flagler counties.
In Volusia County, there are recovery resources available for our community, including information from the Volusia Recovery Alliance.
- Daytona Area Narcotics Anonymous (search for support meetings)
- New Season Treatment Center (Opioid addiction recovery services)
- Oasis Treatment Center, Inc. (locations in Daytona Beach, South Daytona, Edgewater/New Smyrna Beach, Port Orange, and Orange City)
- Recovery resources, Volusia Recovery Alliance
- SMA Healthcare (range of substance use disorder treatments and programs), SMA Resources for Patients & Families
- Tobacco Cessation & Training, Northeast Florida AHEC
- Tobacco Free Florida, Volusia resources
- Tobacco Free Volusia
- Drug Overdose, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- How to Respond to an Opioid Overdose, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Opioid Overdose Basics: Recognizing Opioid Overdose, National Harm Reduction Coalition
- Opioid Overdose Basics: Responding to Opioid Overdose, National Harm Reduction Coalition
Find Naloxone (Narcan)
- Lifesaving Naloxone, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Resources in Florida, NEXT Distro and Florida Harm Reduction Collective
One Voice for Volusia does not endorse these organizations and instead shares the information and content as educational tools for our community members.