As a result of collaborative strategic planning and engagement of a broad and diverse group, the following milestones were achieved to support children and families:
- Community was awarded a Pritzker Fellow through the National Collaborative for Infants & Toddlers responsible for building capacity in communities to plan for and implement an ambitious prenatal to age 3 agenda.
- The Collective Impact Learning Collaborative is a federally funded effort in which CityMatCH provides training and facilitation to 10 urban, local health departments over the course of two years. Visit the Community Check Box for more information.
- The Collaborative received technical assistance from the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP) and Early Childhood Learning and Innovation Network for Communities (EC-LINC).
- Supporting the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County as one of 10 health departments to implement a collective impact learning collaborative to implement strategies that improve maternal and child health.
- The community was selected as one of only eight sites nationally for a Cradle to Community Action Learning Lab to develop the relationship between safer communities and optimal early childhood outcomes in 2017.
- The community was awarded a Help Me Grow site to encourage all children 0-8 to receive no-cost screening for age-appropriate development.
- The Collaborative received technical assistance in Adaptive Leadership from Georgetown University to host a Search Conference (83 participants) on Family Involvement, bringing together parents/families as equal partners with member organizations to develop a strategic plan for family involvement and initiate the PYRAMID Community Café utilizing the Strengthening Families Protective Factor model.
- The Coalition was awarded the Children’s Week Community Innovation Award for demonstrating excellence to create and maintain a collaboration that benefits children and strengthens families in 2013.
For more information or to subscribe to our mailing list, please fill out the contact form below